Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lord have Mercy

I loved this song when I was younger. It has a much more deeper significance now.

Isaiah 49:1, 2 CPDV
"Pay attention, you islands, and listen closely, you far away peoples. The Lord has called me from the womb; from the womb of my mother, he has been mindful of my name. And he has appointed my mouth as a sharp sword. In the shadow of his hand, he has protected me. And he has appointed me as an elect arrow. In his quiver, he has hidden me."

In times where we struggle with the laws of men and the commandments of God. We often try to justify or come to reason with that which we cannot fathom or cannot reason with. We must simply trust in God and continue to serve him.

Evil will constantly try to get between us and the Lord. Remember always that even the most sin free person was tempted. Why should we expect any less ourselves. In our case, temptation is often in the form of fear. God have mercy on all those souls lost in Newton. We pray for all the children, teachers, and the gunman himself.

The weekend after the shooting I took it upon myself to pray the Rosary. Keep in mind, I haven't even completed my RCIA classes much less been officially exposed. I did find a neat website that allowed me to participate AND practice. It's called Come Pray the Rosary and it's a really neat interactive rosary website.

That's all for now. Pray and especially; do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment